Sunday, February 14, 2010

Getting in the swing of things...

I think it's safe to say I wont be the most avid blogger. But, none the less, I will do my best to keep you updated:)

The last week and a half has been full of transitioning and learning. I'm finally over my jet lag! The time here is 6 hours ahead of my usual Texas time, so I had a bit of trouble getting to sleep at nights... but that is over. I'm also understanding people better and better everyday. Though, my bladder is struggling to get used to the constant tea/coffee drinks, hopefully that will change! The family I'm living with, the Barnsley's, are just lovely. They are sweet and easy going making the adjustment that much easier! It helps that Holly is a native East Texan as well. Plus they have an adorable little boy, Dylan.

I've taken the journey into the town center several times now. It's about a 30 minute walk and maybe a 10 minute bus ride. Although the bus is faster, I tend to walk, unless it's raining or snowing, cause it's quite a nice walk. Speaking of snow... I did get to experience a decent snowfall here- but that really isn't anything spectacular since most of you just got snow too.

Here are some pictures of a little bit of the snow/the city:


This is St. Peter's Church in the town center between snow falls.



This is part of the town center. I took it from inside while trying to stay warm waiting to meet a friend.

Traveling opportunities are popping up too! Next weekend, the 19th, I'm heading to Brighton with Bea to visit a friend, Lindsay. And at the end of March I'm going home with my friend Sally to Northern Ireland. We'll be riding up to Scotland and then taking a boat over to Ireland. And yesterday I went with my friend Rachel to an beautiful nearby town called Bridgnorth. The market was out and there are some super cute shops. I'll have to post a picture of that soon!

Lots is going on, and I look forward to see much more happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment